Tuesday 20 December 2011

Thoughts on life and love. (2)

Another entry in my incoherent and confusing thoughts on life and love.
I'm 20 years old, therefore a young adult. I don't want to be my age, I don't feel like my age and, certainly, I don't like my age. I don't know if there's a certain age, when you look back and say "Here I am, I've experienced what I was meant to experience, I've lived what I was meant to live". Is there?
I'm confused. So, so much. Every day that passes by brings me closer and closer to the inevitable end. And it scares me. Sometimes, when I'm at the bottom of my hopelessness, when I'm sure that there isn't any light in the tunnel called life, I seek for death. These times nothing matters. It's like you're deaf and blind. Your eyes are open, but you can't see, your ears are open, but you can't listen.
I know there must be an escape though. It has to be. You may say that this escape is love, or friendship, or happiness. I don't know. It might be a mixture of all these, or none of them.
Escape? From whom? From ourselves? From the idea of ourselves through the curtains of other's eyes? I guess we and only we are the worst and most dangerous enemies of our own selves. 
Random thought. I just remembered the movie "Into The Wild" with Emile Hirsch. Watch it, if you haven't already done. It's amazing, colourful, witty, thought-provoking. Well, this movie still keeps the engine inside my mind working. It teaches us to run away when the chains of society threaten to choke us. It teaches us that we mustn't be afraid to follow the path that our hearts whisper to us, wherever it leads us to.

No comments:

Post a Comment